In June, I’m using a few different reading challenges to help me choose my TBR:
- Buzzword readathon is to read books with YOU in the title
- Caribbean Heritage month is to highlight books by authors of Caribbean descent, even if the books are not set in their country of origin. Follow the #ReadCaribbean tag on Instagram
- Reading Women Month has a 5×5 Bingo card with prompts to complete by reading female-authored books that have certain characteristics.
Some of the books that I have on my reading stack for June were chosen to match a few of these requirements.
- Stories from Harvey River by Lorna Goodison (Caribbean Author)
- The Sweetest Thing by Doris Lessing (Nobel Women Readalong)
- Where’d You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple
- Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott
- Unmarriageable by Sonia Kamal (To review for Publisher)
- The Summer of Sunshine and Margot
- Valencia and Valentine by Suzy Kraus
- No Place Like Here by Christina June
- A Family of Strangers by Emilie Richards
- Waiting by Ha Jin
- Oscar and Lucinda by Peter Carey
- Moon Tiger by Penelope Lively
- Rites of Passage by William Golding
- Rites of Passage by Joy N. Hensley
- Milkman by Anna Burns
- An Unrestored Woman by Shobha Rao
Note; This post will be updated so a red highlight means I have read the book since making the list along with links to my review.
Watch my TBR video here