One of my favorite reading challenges is back for it’s 11th iteration. Book Challenge by Erin 11.0 will run from July 1, 2019 to October 31, 2019. Below are the 10 reading challenges and the books that I am planning to use to complete them. Because I have a huge stack of Man Booker previous winners to read this summer, I am using them to create my TBR as much as possible so 5 of the titles selected are from that list.
- 5 points: Freebie – Read a book that is at least 200 pages Last Orders /Graham Swift
- 10 points: Title starts with “F” The Famished Road /Ben Okri
- 10 points: Has rain(s), thunder, lightning, or monsoon in the title: History of The Rain /Niall Williams
- 15 points: Picture of a building on the cover The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth
- 20 points: Author uses an initial in his/her name Disgrace /J. M. Coetzee
- 20 points: Article of clothing or accessory in the title The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
- 25 points: Set in India The God of Small Things /Arundhati Roy
- 30 points: Booker Prize winner/nominee Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha /Roddy Doyle
- 30 points: About a human with superpowers or supernatural powers The Tesla Legacy by K. K. Perez
- 35 points: Same title as another book in a different genre: Rites of Passage / Joy. N. Hensley
If you’d like to give this reading challenge a try and meet some fantastic bookish people while you’re at it, click the link to visit and join the Facebook page and let me know in the comments below so I can follow your progress as well.
As I start reading from this TBR on July 1, I will come back and update this post to reflect my reading progress. A red highlighted title will indicate that I have finished that book.