One of the major challenges I am participating in during this month is Non Fiction November, which is a month-long push to read more factual books. I am also planning to continue for the third installment of Gone With The Books in which I had identified 15 books for the duration and only completed 5 of them so far.
However, given that I am now a new mom with a newborn making my reading schedule very ad-hoc, I am being very relaxed with setting this list as my monthly reading goal. For now, these are just books I am considering from my vast shelf of possibilities.
- The Prince
- On The Origin of Species /Charles Darwin
- Neither Snow Nor Rain /Devin Leonard
- Into Thin Air / Jon Krakauer
- The Boys In The Boat /Daniel James Brown
- True Tastes of Paradise /Wolfgang Schivelbusch
- The Swerve /Stephen Greenblatt (Currently reading)
- The Return /Hisham Matar
- The Hero With A Thousand Faces / Joseph Campbell
- Count of Monte Cristo (Currently reading)
- Lake Season /Denise Hunter
- Gold Digger, The Remarkable Baby Doe Tabor /Rebecca Rosenberg
- The Road
- Dubliners /James Joyce
- The Jungle /Upton Sinclair
- Frankenstein /Mary Shelley
During the month, I will update the list with a red highlight for each title that I have finished reading and links if I post a review.